The FreeBSD team has announced the availability of FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE, which is the first release from the stable/14 branch of the operating system.
Highlights of this major release include:
- OpenSSH updated to version 9.5p1
- OpenSSL updated to version 3.0.12
- FreeBSD supports up to 1024 cores on AMD64 and Arm64
- ZFS has been upgraded to OpenZFS release 2.2
A complete list of new features and information on how to upgrade can be found in the release notes.
Read more at FreeBSD.
- Beginner’s Guide to FreeBSD
- How to Update FreeBSD from Git
- A Quick Guide to Printing on FreeBSD
- A Quick and Easy Guide to Setting Up Audio on FreeBSD
Contact FOSSlife to learn about partnership and sponsorship opportunities.