Job changes are driving high salaries for cloud professionals, says Mike Loukides, detailing results of O’Reilly’s 2022 Cloud Salary Survey. “By staying with their current employer, an employee may get an annual salary increase of 4%. But if they change jobs, they might get a significantly higher offer — 20% or more — plus a signing bonus,” he says.
Notable findings from the survey include:
- Survey respondents earn an average salary of $182,000.
- The average salary for women is 7% lower than for men.
- 20% of respondents reported changing employers within the past year.
- 25% plan to change employers because of compensation.
- 63% of respondents work remotely all the time; 94% work remotely at least one day a week.
This year’s survey, which was limited to U.S. participants, compared results by state, education level, age, job title, and certifications earned, among other things, noting that the largest salaries are associated with the Google Professional Cloud Architect certification ($231,000). People who earned this certification received a substantial salary increase (7.1%), the survey says.
Read more at O’Reilly.