JetBrains has released the latest version of the free and open source Kotlin programming language. Kotlin is a general purpose programming language designed for Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and Android that combines object-oriented and functional programming features.
The announcement details the changes in the following areas:
- Stable language features, including JVM records, sealed interfaces, and inline classes.
- Standard and test library improvements, including stable unsigned integer types.
- Kotlin/JVM improvements, including the new default JVM IR compiler.
- Kotlin/Native improvements, including faster debug compilation for Linux and iOS applications.
- Kotlin/JS improvements, including migration of more JS libraries to the new Kotlin/JS IR compiler.
For more information, check out the Kotlin 1.5 online event on May 25 or the AMA session on Reddit on May 27-28.