Denver-based System76 has launched the powerful new Thelio Mega, calling it the world’s smallest quad-GPU Linux workstation.
The Thelio Mega workstation, which is priced starting at US $7,499, incorporates advanced technologies and high-performance components that make it ideal for deep learning and scientific computing.
- Up to 4 NVIDIA Quadro GPUs
- 3rd-gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper CPUs
- Pop!_OS 20.10, Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS (64-bit), or Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (64-bit) operating system
- 256GB of memory (including 128GB ECC memory)
- 88TB of storage (including 32TB NVMe storage)
- Dual 10GB Ethernet ports
- Advanced thermal system
“Thelio Mega’s thermals are actually two separate systems, as we found it more effective to divide and conquer. Unique airflows keep heat generated by the CPU and GPU from mixing, exhaust air effectively, and prevent throttling,” the System76 website states.
Additionally, Thelio Mega is certified open source hardware with readily available documentation and downloadable schematics.